Master of Science in Virtual Management
The bottom line of virtual collaboration is trust. Delve into the essence of how to build trust among team members that work together virtually, sometimes across cultures and continents. Learn to manage people, teams, and projects, and how to apply new methods for effective virtual communications.
Why Virtual Management at Brandeis?
- Courses developed and taught by experts in the field
- Courses address evolving and emerging industry challenges
- Electives allow students to tailor the degree to meet professional needs and interests
Graduates are prepared to:
- Understand sociocultural, regulatory, and geographic issues in a virtual environment.
- Apply virtual team leadership techniques to foster team building and direction.
- Implement virtual communication theory, methods, and technological tools to establish ongoing team interaction, productive information exchange, and mutual confidence for virtual teams.
- Formulate strategies for managing geographically distributed employees and teams to maximize productivity.
- Identify and resolve conflicts in a virtual environment.
- Assess the impacts of distance and diversity on business practices and activities, including legal and ethical issues.
- Manage culturally diverse teams with an understanding of how to address differences in habits and practices.
Online Learning at Brandeis GPS
- Small online classes
- Quality standards and best practices
- Dedicated student advisors
- Courses split into weekly modules
- Students regularly interact and collaborate with faculty and peers
- No set meeting times